Friday, June 20, 2014

My trip to Paris

 
 
Hello everyone, I know it's been some time since the last post but I am now back with some beautiful pictures from my trip to Paris. This is going to be a long post but I kinda loved them all so I couldn't decide to take one picture out.
I've been staying in Paris for four days and I think the duration was okay. I could have also stayed longer but I have seen everything I wanted and have a wonderful impression of the city's atmosphere. And that's what counts isn't it? I went there with my boyfriend and it was romantic like the cliché says but for me it was not the Tour Eiffel itself or the Sacré Coeur because there were far too many tourists but more the small streets and the enthusiasm we shared while exploring the city.
I really enjoyed eating some original La Durée Macarons and I did this a lot. And of course we also had some time for shopping left and I found some wonderful pieces but as this post is already so full of pictures I will probably show you what I got in a different post or you will see them in my outfits.
 
We started our trip with an organized tour by getyourguide where we made a sightseeing tour, a seine river cruise and went to the Tour Eiffel. I don't enjoy being with too many tourists but it gave us a good general view of all the main sights in the city. We later on decided to come back to some of them and to take a closer look. We saw the Louvre, the Arc de triomphe, the Champs Elysées, the Tour Eiffel of course, Notre dame, Sacré Coeur, la Défense and we also went to Versailles Chateau for a day, but it was so full of tourists that we rather loved the garden with its shadow places and its comparative calmness.
We passed the Pont neuf where every couple puts a lock as a symbol for their relationship but we both didn't like that gesture for us and so it was only a sight like every other to us.
One thing that I count to my favourites was the Tour Montparnasse. You can get up to the 59th floor and have a wonderful view over Paris. I preferred to have a look over the city with the Tour Eiffel in the silhouette to actually standing on the platform of it. The sun was about to set and so the colours were absolutely beautiful. I can only recommend going there!
 
This was on top of the Tour Montparnasse, where he caught me goofing around
 
 
the famous Pyramid of the Louvre


I ate a LOT of them


This is the Pont Neuf, just a few days before we came there one of the railings fell down because it had became too heavy with all the locks


 

I totally love these small Patisseries. We don't have them like that where I live and so I took advantage when I saw one like this.

This is me I front of the Eiffel Tower taken at the Trocadéro place. This is also where we went at night to see the Eiffel Tower in lights.

This is the Tour Eiffel at night (Sorry for the quality, my camera striked and so this was taken with my phone)

Sacré Coeur

La Défense, the modern business part of the city with a huge shopping mall called 'Les quatre temps'
(Unfortunately this guy was Photobombing the picture )
 
Arc de Triomphe

Notre Dame

Versailles


No comments:

Post a Comment